Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Portuguese Fruit Salad

The "Portuguese" is really just to impress people.
  • Chop your favorite fruits up and put them in a bowl. I used bananas, pears, apples, kiwis, oranges, and grapes, and I should have added strawberries.
  • Pour a few tablespoons of sugar over the chopped fruit. (Not too much, lets still keep this healthful!)
  • Pour some kind of fruit drink in just below the top of the fruit. I used V8 Splash "Fruit Medley," but I think any of them would have been good. (p.s. V8 Splash is WAY cheaper than V8 Fusion, but feel free to go wild with what juice you put in.)
  • Stir up the concoction carefully, so as to avoid mashing the fruit.
  • Cover and store in the fridge for about 2 hours. I didn't have time to do this, but it probably would have been a little better if I had.
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment