Sunday, October 4, 2009

Buttermilk Pancake Syrup

This is Jared's absolutely fabulous recipe that I made for our General Conference breakfast. Warning: you will never want to eat normal syrup again.

1/2 c buttermilk
1 c sugar
1 stick salted butter (NOT margarine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Mix together buttermilk, sugar, and butter on the stove. Wait for mixture to start boiling. Add baking soda. The mixture will get really foamy and frothy. Stir it quickly until it settles down. Add vanilla. Syrup will thicken upon standing.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like it the first time I had it after a ward breakfast thing, but I think the syrup had just gone sour or something, cause it was definitely delicious this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. :) (the delicious part. this is the first time I've had it)

    ReplyDelete